The Government Skills and Curriculum Unit (GSCU) is leading a programme of work to develop a virtual service known as “Campus Online”. A central tenet of this product is the ability for civil servants to access training programs provided by GSCU.
Campus Online Project Description
The CoderTalent team were tasked to build an Online Curriculum website service within an 8-week deadline. The “Campus Online” website shows courses that are primarily categorised into 5 strands. These strands then contain subcategories. These aim to assist users with finding the course they need. These are the five strands:
- Strand 1: foundations of public administration
- Strand 2: Working in government
- Strand 3: Leading and managing
- Strand 4: Specialist skills
- Strand 5: Domain knowledge
We worked closely with the internal UX team and every component we built in ReactJS had to follow the GOV.UK Design System. We made sure the project followed the best practices in accessibility, performance and SEO.
Tech Stack Used
The tech stack CoderTalent used to build the service website included the following:
- Azure devOps CI/CD pipeline for deployment
- Foundation CSS as main UI framework
- GitFlow branching strategy
Experience the Online Campus
It has been our goal to help reimagine the way government program servants learn. Explore for yourself the website and provide feedback to help improve it.